You may know Joe Manganiello as a Hollywood heartthrob and the actor in hit TV shows and movies like True Blood and Magic Mike. It was movie roles like these that forced Joe to confront his weaknesses and take his fitness to a whole new level; fortunately for us, he shares his secrets on how he got in tip top shape–and you don’t even need to be a movie star or quit your day job to do it.
In EVOLUTION, Joe Manganiello describes in detail everything from conquering the mind, learning nutrition, what your exercise regime should include, and how he went from years of zero acting gigs to now being one of the hottest movie stars on the red carpet.
When I trust my gut and go at a goal with 100% effort, and act as if I’m 110% sure that what I’m doing is going to work–that’s when the incredible happens.” – Joe Manganiello, Evolution
My copy is riddled with notes and highlights so I can easily refer to information or motivation when needed. Joe gives some of the best motivational quotes I’ve ever read in regards to health and fitness.
What Evolution includes:
- a forward from Arnold Schwarzenegger
- the story behind Joe’s brand 3:59
- the new rules of exercise
- mentally preparing for your new body
- the Evolution 6-week transformation guide
- evolving your eating, plus sample meal plan
- (finally) getting abs
- extensive descriptions of all exercises prescribed
- autobiographical stories about his health and fitness experience and going from unemployed actor to movie star
And there can’t be a Joe Manganiello book without some awesome photography showcasing his hard work.
If you stick with it through the pain and discomfort, and do it repeatedly, your body will get to a point of wanting it. Your reward will be a desire to do it after all the times of not wanting to do it, but you won’t get to that reward phase until you push through the tough stuff.” Joe Manganiello, Evolution
Stop trying to figure out what you can get away with. Your new mantra is “What can I become?” Find your reason to train and evolve.” -Joe Manganiello, Evolution
Make the investment. You either want it or you don’t. If you want “Holy shit!” results, then this is not optional. It’s a requirement that you owe to yourself.” Joe Manganiello, Evolution
Joe Manganiello’s 11 Diet Rules
- Always have three big meals per day.
- Fill your hunger gaps with small snacks that include protein.
- Protein, protein, and more protein at all meals.
- Kiss sugar good-bye.
- Drop the alcohol.
- Eat fiber from various sources (nuts, fruit, vegetables, berries, legumes)
- Vegetables at every meal.
- Don’t avoid foods that include saturated fat, such as fish, beef, pork, and eggs.
- Drink water throughout the day. If training, aim for 3 liters per day.
- Limit carbs to natural sources such as sweet potatoes.
- When no preparing for an event, enjoy one cheat meal per week.
Oftentimes we rationalize postponing long-term goals for short-term satisfaction. In reality, making sacrifices in the short term will result in long-term happiness. That’s a trade I suggest you make every time. Trust me, it’s worth it.” -Joe Manganiello, Evolution
Who is Evolution for?
Evolution is for anyone wanting to change their body and life through weightlifting, regardless if you’re a beginner or have years experience in the gym. Joe’s method should be renamed the “No Bullshit” method because he doesn’t give or take any. Be ready for a mind and body overhaul.
If you want to take a chance and start your own Evolution, you can purchase the book from Amazon here.
This post contains affiliates. Thank you for your support.